American Stories: Dat Nguyen

Adapting to the United States: “Difficult or Easy?”:

What happens if you don’t want to adapt to the U.S? You can be alone and so bored if you don’t want to adapt. When I came here I didn’t have friend before I went to school so everything was very large and difficult to me. Three differences between Vietnam and the U.S. are food, friends and school.

The food here is not like the food in my country any more. The food here is very yummier than the food in my country. The food here very fat. I’m a skinny guy that’s why I love the food here. U.S. has the food very nice and delicious. I love the food here and my country, too.

I have a lot of friends here. The friends in my school are very nice and friendly. Friends in the U.S. help me a lot. When I had to go to school in the first day. I felt alone and so bored I didn’t want go to school anymore. But my friends they took me to each class in the first day, sometime they asked me “how do you feel about the U.S.?” They called me by my name and always smiled. They are friendly and protect new students. I like them.

The U.S. school is not like the school in my country. The U.S. has many schools. The U.S. schools play many sports. I love to learn in the U.S. It’s not so hard than Vietnam. It’s better than the schools in my country.

The U.S. has many differences thing from my country. Many people want to come here. The U.S. has different about school, house and education… I like to live in the U.S., my future can be better than live in my country. I like to live in the U.S.