Last Weekend I…

Last weekend I went to Café Miso, a charming, little café tucked inside Annandale that serves Japanese and Korean cuisines. However, I did not go to there for the food, but rather the karaoke.

Unlike what I had seen in movies and T.V. shows, Miso did not have karaoke set up in a bar, where you have to sing from lyrics on a small screen while a bunch of drunk people yell at you. Instead, Miso offers small, private rooms for karaoke groups in the back of the café. Rooms can hold up to four people apiece, and contain a cushioned bench to sit on, large widescreen T.V. to read lyrics on, two microphones and a small, but loud speaker-system.

It’s a good thing the rooms are private, because my group sang very loud and very poorly. Luckily, with the music blaring and nearly soundproof walls, nobody could hear our horribly off-pitch voices from the hallways and cafe.

While there, I couldn’t help but try some of the food after soaking up the aroma of the Japanese and Korean cuisines. I bought and ordered my food when I got there, and it was later delivered to me while I was in one of the karaoke rooms. The California rolls, soup, and sushi are all good options – and work well as a meal for lunch or dinner for the whole family.

Miso is open from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and closed on Sunday. Dining options include eating in there or taking the food to go. Each karaoke room cost $25 per hour, which can be pricey the longer you stay, but is worth it in the end for a fun night out with friends or family.

Location: 7410 Little River Turnpike

Annandale, VA 22003