Where are they now?

We all remember that artist who created that song that everyone turned up when it came on, but when he or she seems to disappear, we are all left wondering; where in the world did they go?
Some have moved on with their lives while others are still stuck on the music scene, just not as popular as they used to be.
Once you lose your lust, its hard to get it back, unless your name is Britney Spears or Eminem.
The thing we cannot deny is that we loved one of their songs at one point and that they might even have a comeback.
“I’ve always wondered whatever happened to Cassie. It’s like she fell off the face of the earth,” senior Meriem Khadraoui said.
James Blunt’s “You’re Beautiful” was an undeniable hit worldwide in 2005.
However, after the song began to slide its way out of the ears of the radio, Blunt has yet to reach the popularity that he was at when the song debuted.
“Even though that was a top hit, it sounded so bad. I honestly don’t even know how it became so popular,” sophomore Sean George said.
Now, he continues to tour with his relatively new album Some Kind of Trouble and partakes in several charities.
Though he has not been as active in America, he remains popular in the UK.
The American Idol runner up, David Archuleta is another one-hit wonder that has grabbed the attention of listeners, right after Idol.
Archuleta melted the hearts of teenage girls with “Crush,” but little did we know that Jive Records would release from him from his contract.
It was also announced within a year, that Archuleta left his management group. He intends to continue writing original material and stay away from the spotlight for a while.
“I really liked [David Archuleta] because he was so different. It surprised me that he was dropped so soon,” sophomore Lois Kim said.
Similar to David Archuleta, David Cook, the actual winner of American Idol did not even last as long as Archuletta.
After releasing an album that was overlooked, he is now stuck to making small cameo appearances and small shows here and there.
“Most of the idol contestants go nowhere after the competition; it is the ones that don’t make the show but have talent, like Daughtry [who have success],” senior Aya Ibrahim said.
Mario Vazquez is another artist who got his start by winning American Idol and has had it rough in past years. After “Gallery” lost its shine, he quickly became a nobody.
After releasing his second single “One Shot,” events turned for the worst after he was dropped from Arista Records in early 2008. His website was shut down shortly after being dropped by his label.
The one hit wonders we remember seem to be in all kinds of different situations.
Some artists have continued their work in music, but others have lost their luck and completely fallen of the music map.