Lovestrong debuts

Growing up in the suburbs of Pennsylvania, Christina Perri left for California on her 21st birthday to pursue a music career like so many other hopefuls. After only 18 months, she returns home with a failed marriage, and a broken heart. Going straight to work she becomes a waitress by day, and a songwriter and recording artist by night.

Writing music was a breeze for Perri, who has been at it since the age of 15. Soon enough her sparks of creativity sent her back to California, in which the pop-folk artist released her first single “Jar of Hearts”, and later an EP titled The Ocean Way Sessions which features live versions of a selected few songs that later premiered on her album.

Topping the charts with “Jar of Hearts,” the songstress released the single “Arms,” followed by her debut album, titled Lovestrong.

Her strong and unique vocals coupled with her simple yet relatable lyrics proves to be a stellar restart to her music career.

Pouring her heart and soul into her music, her words become an anthem for the heartbroken and the healing.

With soft ballads such as “The Lonely,” in which she sings about losing herself in a relationship, many listeners can relate.

Lovestrong also includes the sentimental romantic songs with a slightly quicker tempo for the lovestruck with songs such as “Miles,” which speaks directly to those trying to focus on the good in a relationship.

Perri’s exquisite debut album receives a solid A, for her excellent songwriting and spectacular voice.

Many would agree, as Perri has already had her music on the popular television series Glee, and So You Think You Can Dance.

Perri’s deluxe album is now available on iTunes, and in stores with bonus tracks of “Black + Blue,” “Backwards,” and “My Eyes.”

Tracklist:
1. Bluebird
2. Arms
3. Bang Bang Bang
4. Distance
5. Jar of Hearts
6. Mine
7. Penguin
8. Miles
9. The Lonely
10. Sad Song
11. Tragedy

bonus tracks:
Backwards
Black + Blue
My Eyes