Breaking Dawn is a hit

One of the most anticipated films of the year for vampire fanatics, the Twilight Saga’s Breaking Dawn pt. 1 was released and accumulated $140 million its opening weekend. If you don’t already know, Breaking Dawn
focuses on a young girl named Bella Swan who falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen and her former best friend and wolf Jacob Black.

In the ending of Eclipse, the third movie in the Twilight Saga, Bella marks her decision in wanting to become a vampire even though Edward disagrees with that decision he comes up with a compromise with the hope of her changing her mind. If Bella agrees to marry him then he would further consider making her a vampire.

Beginning the movie is Alice, Edward’s sister and Bella’s best friend, helping to prepare them for the wedding. Once the day of their wedding has arrived, it is easy to notice that Bella, played by the awkward Kristin Stewart, is uncomfortable. Arriving at the altar viewers can see all hesitation disappear. For an early wedding present, Edward gives Bella a chance to talk to him since she hadn’t seen Jacob in quite a while.

Unfortunately, things get a little tense between them and an argument ensues regarding her decision in wanting to become a vampire. Edward immediately comes back to end the fight and take her away. The party ends and the newlyweds say their goodbyes to head off to their extravagant honeymoon.

After traveling through a car, plane, and boat, they finally arrive at Isle Esme, a private island owned by Carlyle, Edward’s father,  located near Brazil in South America. After their awkward first night together, they finally look like normal newlyweds, expect for the damaged bedroom of course. One morning Bella wakes up sick to her stomach and runs to the bathroom to throw up.

When Edward comes in to help her out, she asks him to get her something from her bag and when she sees her feminine products, she realizes she’s about a week overdue for her period. Connecting the dots, with horror and shock written all over his face, Edward realizes she might be pregnant. Who knew a vampire and a human could have a baby?

They return to Carlyle immediately to have him figure out exactly what is growing inside of her. The suspense quickly rises when it’s known that she is indeed pregnant and is willing to keep it even as the child tears her apart from the inside.

Jacob is called in for assistance in hopes of convincing her to give it up but neither he nor Edward can get through her head. Bella believes that at the time of her baby’s birth, if she is on the verge of dying then Carlyle can save her but it’s only a matter of faith that can really determine whether she lives or not.

Even though the movies will never top the novels, this movie deserves an A for creating the ultimate suspense for those who have not read the novel. With the ending of part one the awakening of Bella as a vampire, viewers can only begin to anticipate and speculate what will happen to their favorite vampire family in the upcoming conclusion due out November 16, 2012.