Jennifer Lawrence on the rise

It takes someone with a lot of guts, brains, and beauty to play Mystique in X-Men, Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games, and a woman struggling with bipolar disorder in a little film called Silver Linings Playbook, which just happened to earn the leading lady the Oscar for Best Actress on Feb. 24. With versatility that ranges from major blockbusters to indie films, it’s hard to believe this Kentucky native is only 22 and started acting professionally after her senior year of high school.

This is why actress Jennifer Lawrence is having the incredible year that she is: not only does she stand out as an incredibly talented actress, but also as a down to earth girl who is blessed with the ability to live her dream. She is humble and her career in the movie industry is only just beginning.

Lawrence scored her first big break in Hollywood when she starred in Winter’s Bone, which earned Lawrence her first Oscar nomination. This success would continue with X-Men: First Class the popular movie in the X-Men series; but that wasn’t the end of it. One of the biggest movies to debut in 2012 was The Hunger Games, adapted from the popular book series. Lawrence starred as the main character and immediately became one of Hollywoods biggest stars.

It didn’t stop there. Lawrence was then casted to act in Silver Linings Playbook, where she got  the opportunity to act alongside one of Hollywood’s biggest stars, Bradley Cooper. The movie was not only a success at the box office, but Lawrence’s stellar performance won her an Best Actress at the 85th Academy Awards.

Lawrence has gone from a normal teenage girl to one of the biggest actresses in the movie industry today. This is just the beginning for her. She is said to be in under wraps for a number of movies she is due to film in the next few months. Right after her appearance at the Oscars, she boarded a flight back to Hawaii to continue filming Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games. Lawrence has also signed on for another film directed by David O. Russell that will begin filming following the completion of Catching Fire.