The Evil Dead disturbs fans

The+Evil+Dead+disturbs+fans+

Disturbing- the only word that comes to mind when I watch The Evil Dead. 

The movie Evil Dead is the latest installment directed by Fede Alvarez, of the continuing storyline about a demon searching for souls to take. This demon lives in the forest and is awakened when someone says a poem that was found in The Book of the Dead, that was meant to be closed forever. The demon possesses  a human body as its place to haunt the people around it and take their souls.

Many horror fans were raving about how the movie was going to be amazing, while on the contrary, it was an insane blood bath. 

The blood and gore was at the expense of a strong storyline. The main character, Mia (Jane Levy) went into the woods with a group of friends ( Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Elizabeth Blackmore) to try and get over her cocaine addiction. But soon the story turns sour and becomes an ultimate bloodbath.

Almost every scene of the film contained blood and guts galore. Straying away from the typical horror movie, The Evil Dead turned from a frightening tale to a mindless display of people being slaughtered.

If you think you’ve seen a bloody, gory movies, this one will top it. In one scene with raining blood, the main character watches as her brother is brutally murdered, then has her own hands pulled off. She later has to defeat the soul searching demon by cutting it in half with a chainsaw, causing her to become drenched in blood.

Throughout the entire movie; I expected something to unexpectedly pop out and scare me. But instead all it had was a multitude of limbs falling off and blood filling the screen.  

If you happen to be a fan of gore, have a strong stomach and enjoy mindless gore-fests then this is the movie for you. But if you’re looking for a gory movie with a serious plot line, then check out movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre by Tobe Hooper or Hostel by Eli Roth. 

This movie deserves a C+ because their is a multitude of unnecessary blood and simply, the movie just was not scary.