Duck Dynasty attracts viewers

It’s hard to believe a show about bearded men making duck calls would be popular, but it is. The men of Duck Dynasty and their rags to riches story has proved itself worthy of high school students’ attention.

The Robertson family of Duck Dynasty created their multi-million dollar duck call business out of practically nothing.

Father Si Robertson gave up a serious football career and created the Duck Commander business simply because of his love for hunting. Now, son Willie Robertson is the CEO of the company and keeps the business intact.

“I have heard a lot of people talking about it,” senior Sherief Beshara said. “I’ve seen short clips from the show and it seems really good.”

This program is no ordinary reality TV show, it is not focused on partying or drama; it is instead focused on this family’s morals and their down-to-earth way of life.

Although each one of the bearded men have their own personalities that never fail to crack a smile on people’s faces, many say the highlight of the show is Willie’s Uncle, Si Robertson.

Si, being an elderly Vietnam veteran with a child’s personality, never fails to disappoint with his witty, yet confused, jokes. These attributes and more make him everybody’s favorite character.

“My favorite character is Si because he’s really fun and he does crazy stuff without caring about what people will think,” junior Eric Mejean said.

The members of the cast pride themselves on the fact that the show is unscripted and shows good American fun without any of the crazy partying; the show always ends with the family praying before dinner.

“I like the show because it is good clean American fun and it’s not scripted,” Mejean said. “It is really entertaining.”

Despite their gravelly voices, long beards and camouflage painted faces, these men and their families really know how to make people laugh.

The show airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on A&E.