The Real Bros of Simi Valley

Patrick Brown, Staff Writer

“Living in Simi has been pretty chill for these four best friends, but now that high school ended 10 years ago, it might be time for the bros to grow up.”
On April 10, 2017 Jimmy Tatro uploaded the first episode of “Real Bros of Simi Valley” on his YouTube channel. That first episode now has nearly four million views.

“This show is super funny and all their accents are hilarious. I really want to be a skater bro now,” senior Sam Abourakty said.
The first season consists of four episodes each averaging just under ten minutes. The second season that is now out is on Facebook Watch, which is Facebook’s new video production platform, these episodes average about 15 minutes in length.

The story takes place in Simi Valley, California. The four main characters are Xander who works at his dad’s auto body repair shop. Duncan, who works and manages the second biggest Cal Surf in the valley. Bryce is a failed skater who peaked in high school and now hangs out at the local skate park. Wade the youngest of the four, is Xander’s tag- along younger brother, who is an aspiring photographer.The show is set up like a reality TV show, although in real life they are just characters. These bros love to skate, chill and relax.

“I like this show because of satirical comedy and how well written it is. You have to watch it multiple times to get all the jokes, but that’s not a problem because of how short the episodes are,” senior Samir Hossain said. “I find myself rewatching it when I’m bored, it’s still amusing because I keep finding new jokes. It’s a great way to spend 30 minutes of your day,” said Hossain.

The first season starts off with an introduction to the boys waiting for their girlfriends to get back from Cancun. Problems start to arise and their solution is to host a chill kickback. Tensions rise when Xander and Bryce get into an argument. After this the kick back ends up getting cancelled… or does it?

About the Writer
Patrick Brown, Staff Writer

Senior Patrick Brown is a staff writer for the A-Blast. He is entering his first year of journalism. He plays lacrosse on the varsity lacrosse team and...