Dynasty seasons review and new season

Marian Osman, Staff Writer

The original Dynasty television show aired on ABC for nine seasons. It began in January 1981 and ended on May 1989.

The Carrington family is a wealthy family that is an empire. They go through many challenges and have to find a way to solve the problems, so that their reputation and family members don’t get hurt in the process.

The original Dynasty creators were creators Richard and Esther Shapiro, starring John Forsythe (Blake Carrington), Linda Evans (Krystle Carrington), Joan Collins (Alexis Carrington), Emma Samms (Fallon Carrington), and Al Corley (Steven Carrington). The CW Dynasty is a reboot, which takes place in the 21st century, meaning that some things will stay the same and some things will change.

“I’m pretty sure that some of the characters aren’t the same as they were described and looked in the original show,” sophomore Siryet Girma said.

The cast of the rebooted version consists of Grant Show (Blake Carrington), Alan Dale (Joseph Anders), Elizabeth Gillies (Fallon Carrington), Nathalie Kelley (Krystle Carrington), James Mackay (Steven Carrington), Sam Adegoke (Jeff colby), Robert Christopher Riley (Michael Culhane), and Rafael de la Fuente (Sammy Jo Dean Carrington).

Dynasty is a show that is currently being aired on the CW. Season 1 aired on October 11, 2017. Season 1 ended on May 11, 2018. The cast only had two breaks, which was on Thanksgiving and the two weeks that students are off for Winter break.

Season 1 was a success for the directors, because they were not expecting many people to watch Dynasty. They thought that people wouldn’t be interested in watching the reboot version instead of the original. Dynasty was on the top row of the CW app during season 1.

“Season 1 was a really good season that made me want to continue watching Dynasty,” sophomore Kristina Regmi said.

Season 2 is currently airing on the CW with the same main cast members, except Krystle Carrington, because something happens to her in season 1. Season 2 is not on the top row of the CW app, which shows that many people have not watched season 2 yet or have stopped watching it.

The cast has posted on their social media pages that they are excited about another season of Dynasty coming out. This means that they had enough people that watched their show and liked it. Originally Dynasty was going to end at season 2.

About the Writer
Marian Osman, Staff Writer

Sophomore Marian Osman is in her first year in A-Blast. She spends a lot of her time playing sports such as, volleyball and basketball for Annandale High...