Planning for summer

Planning for summer

AHS students are certainly ambitious, determined individuals. In fact, a vast array of them are planning for summer internships, jobs and travel now. Here are stories from three AHS students about what they are doing now:

Deanna Gowland, junior

1). What are you going to be doing?

This summer I will be filming episodes for the new season of Family Feud. The filming dates will be for sometime between May and August of this year.

2). Why are you going?

My family loves to laugh and have fun, and we are all actors so we thought that it would be fun.

3). How can others prepare for an opportunity like this right now?

I would recommend to someone to begin practicing now. This sounds kind of strange, but start by looking in the mirror and practicing facial expressions when you say certain things, because if you know what you look like, it is easier to be believable.

Annika Hackfeld, junior

1). What are you going to be doing?

I am going to Disney World for a week with my family for my Sweet Sixteen from June 30-July 5! I got a job last May and have been saving my money since then to pay for it, and I have planned and booked the vacation.

2). Why are you going?

I love Disney, and I really wanted to celebrate my Sweet Sixteen at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Save money and plan out their trip. It may be hard to resist the urge to spend in the moment, but it’s going to be totally worth it in the end Hope that helped!

Laura Hackfeld, senior

1). What are you going to be doing?

I will be participating in the Annandale Choral Department’s German Exchange program that will last two weeks beginning at the end of June.

2). Why are you going?

I am doing this activity because I hosted German students when they came here in the fall, and I would like to see them again. It is also such a unique opportunity to travel overseas doing what I love the most, which is singing.

Do not be shy. Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way! You never know what kind of connections you make when you meet someone new or participate in a new activity. Find something that you like to do, and then research some ways that you can make it possible.