From Vietnam to the U.S.

In order to have a better life, my family had to move to another place, the U.S. Then, when I came to the U.S., I had to face many differences.

Coming to the U.S. from Vietnam led to a lot of changes in my life. Many things in the U.S. are different from my country such as education, daily life and climate.

The first thing is education. Education in Vietnam is very different. In the U.S., there are more technology devices for education than in my country. In the U.S., the students move from class to class but in my country, it is not the same; the teachers move from class to class. In my country, the students must wear the uniform but in the U.S., we do not have to. I feel the U.S. education is more free than my country’s.

The second thing is the daily life, it very interesting in my country but in the U.S. my daily life is not. The life here is very busy. Everyone doesn’t have free time. I seldom hang out with my family since I came here. I feel so bored with my daily life in the U.S.

The third thing is most the biggest difference; the climate. The climate here is unusual. It is hot and warm in my country but it is very cold in the U.S. The weather here is drier than in my country. We easily get cold and sick in the winter here. I have to try to adapt to the weather here.

In a few words, my life changed a lot when I came here. Education, daily life and climate were the newest to me. I feel those were like the challenges for me to start adapting to the life in the U.S.