Syrian Massacre causes uproar

Nearly 108 villagers were found dead in the city of Houla, Syria on May 25, 2012. Many of the people dead consisted of women or children mainly under the age 10. U.N leaders criticized President Bashar Al-Assad and the government for this killing because of the conflicts between the government and the people, but Assad blames the killings on terrorists in his country.

The top Syrian diplomats were currently in the United States, but were given 72 hours to leave and handle the issue. Other countries like France, Britain, and Germany  have also taken initiatives by expelling the Syrian ambassadors as a way to protest the mass killings. Many have pleaded to Assad and asked him to stop the violence made by his own forces and government militias.

An 11 year old boy has caugt the attention of the media when he played dead in front of the gunmen. The gunmen passed by him and killed his family memebers, Ali el-Sayed  put his brothers blood on him and faked being dead. The boy was saved but sadly his family members passed away.

Overall the Syrian massacre has been an over talked about topic not only by the media, but by celebrities too.  “#HoulaMassacre raise awareness team breezy,” was one of the tweets that singer Chris Brown had tweeted over the weekend. “#HoulaMassarce OMG!!!!!”_ Not cool!” Brown tweeted.

The Houla massacre has to be the most deadliest attacks since the uprising of President Bashar Al-Assad. The uprising has caused more than 10,000 deaths of the Syrian people.