Conflict in Middle East

The+current+conflict+raging+between+Israel+and+Palestine+has+lead+to+widespread+debate+and+tension%2C+dividing+the+Middle+East+as+well+as+their+American+couterparts%2C+including+those+in+the+AHS+community.+
The current conflict raging between Israel and Palestine has lead to widespread debate and tension, dividing the Middle East as well as their American couterparts, including those in the AHS community.

As the violence in Gaza heats up the tension between Israel and Palestine, students feel exasperation because of the dispute.
Even though the war between the Middle East and Israel has taken place for many years, several minor wars have also been rising.
Due to the recent airstrike in Gaza, the war has taken another turn as it reaches the point where people just want it to end.
Though the war between Palestine and Israel continues to go on seven seas away, it has been affecting many students at AHS.
One student that has been impacted by this conflict is junior Suhad Sayyad,“Since I am from Palestine and still have some family back there, I am very well involved with the news updates and what’s going to happen,”Sayyad said. “My family also keeps updated about the war because even though my family doesn’t live in the city of Gaza, they live in Jerusalem, which is one of the center of conflict.”
The Israeli airstrike happened in mid-November, killing more than 100 people and leaving thousands wounded or helpless. The damage of the airstrikes included homes and the community as a whole. Many people, including women and children, were immediately rushed to nearby hospitals.
“The conflict hasn’t affected anyone blood-related to me, but it has effected my far relatives. One of them passed away and many others have been injured,” Sayyad said.
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and the United Nations have been trying to resolve this conflict between the two countries, but a peaceful resolution is nowhere in sight.
“I just want the war to end because innocent people are dying, not only from Palestine, but from Israel too and it’s not fair to them because they haven’t done anything wrong. I also want the wall that is separating Palestine demolished because Palestine deserves to be its own country,” Sayyad said.