Adapting to new American life

Jose+Bobadilla+Ruiz+
Jose Bobadilla Ruiz

It is very different to come to a new place and adapt to new things. I had adapted in many ways. When I came to the United States, I needed to adjust to the new school, language and food.
Schools here are very different from Mexican schools. In Mexico, schools are small and you have to pay to go. Here, the schools are big and have more students. The schools here are free and students do not need to pay any money to get an education.
Many of the students arrive and leave school on buses, but in Mexico everyone walks to get to their school. Teachers here in the U.S. are responsible and the students who come to school are very enthuastic for their education.
For some people, adapting to new food is difficult. Some foods are the same and some are very different from other countries. Here, most people do not cook at home; they prefer to go out and eat. They eat in fast food restaurants like McDonalds. In Mexico, the food has more spices and its all home cooked meals, and we never eat out. The food is boring and always tastes the same here in the U.S. It also contains a lot more grease. I miss the taste the of Mexican food.
The most difficult thing to adapt to was the language. Here, the main language is English. For many people it is hard to learn this language, but for other people it is easy. I am taking regular English classes so I can graduate on time.
Moving to another place is not an easy task. I needed to adapt to many changes, like food, language and school. I miss my life in Mexico. Although I want to go back to Mexico and eat my special food, I’m looking forward to starting my new life here in the United States.