Just World tonight

Picasa

Henna Tattoos:

Two AHS students will apply these tattoos that are widely popular with Annandale’s community. Though they may cost money, the line for getting this is always full as many students anticipate getting unique designs on their hands. These tattoos are most commonly seen on Muslim women on their wedding day. However, this trend has grown increasingly common in American society, seen anywhere from friends at school to shops on the boardwalk providing temporary tattoos.

Cultural Food:

Various local restaurants, such as IndAroma and Food Korner Kabob will also provide food available through purchase. IndAroma is a bakery and has an array of Indian cuisine. Food Korner is an Afghan restaurant located on Little River Turnpike and is a very famous spot for many AHS students. Many students have claimed that IndAroma’s mango lassi, which is similar to a smoothie, makes attendance at the event worth while. During last year’s event, their food was so popular that it sold out before the event was over.

Amnesty International:

In the past, Amnesty International has had a booth to promote their program. Their mission is humanatarian aid throughout the world, protecting fundamental rights and the well-being of all people. They bring attention to and fight social issues across humanity. The many issues and concerns addressed by this organization have been relatable to AHS students, due to our diversity and large global presence.

Yoga Session:

Another hit has been yoga lessons, which yoga instructor, Ginny Loving will be bringing back.  “Yoga is an ancient practice dating back to prehistory that brings together physical, mental and spiritual discipline,” Loving said.  “Improvement in mood, reduction in anxiety, reduced symptoms in asthmatics, reduced blood pressure and beneficial cardiac improvements are all documented benefits as well.

Belly Dancing:

Lines have always been filled for belly dancing, one of the physically orientated workshops. Belly dancing originates from many parts of the Middle East and has become extremely popular in pop culture. “I love the belly dancing workshop because it’s something different and unique because it’s not something you see everyday,” junior Aysha Ghaffar said.

Chinese Body Art:

One of the most famous workshops includes the Chinese character tattoos. All the various symbols represent something important, such as luck, happiness and love. “I think the Chinese symbols are really interesting because the designs are really cool,” senior Joey Shifflett said.