School differences between the U.S. and Kurdistan makes Sindi value living in U.S.

I’m from a country called Kurdistan.  It’s a region in northern Iraq. Kurdish people are different from the people in Iraq. There are many differences between Kurdistan and the U.S. Every country in world has a lot of things that make it different from other countries like education, religion, and resources in schools.

The education is very different between the U.S and my country. There is an easy system for students in U.S. schools. In my country we have 12 classes, but in the U.S. we have only seven classes. Another thing is that U.S. students don’t appreciate their teachers’ help. Also U.S. students don’t have to work as hard as Kurdish students do. So, I think students in my country study more than students in the U.S. do.

The second difference between Kurdistan and the U.S is religion. In Kurdistan 90 percent of the people are Muslim.  For the Muslims, it is required to pray five times a day at home or in a mosque. Also, Muslim people fast for one month a year. The greatest difference is that in my country the mosques have loud speakers and they say ”Allah Akbar” and that allows people to know when its time to pray. That does not happen in the U.S.

Lastly, the schools are different. In my country, schools are so small. U.S schools are much bigger than schools in my country. Kurdish schools are completely different from U.S. schools because of their electricity, air conditioner, food, and good technology in the schools. In Kurdish Schools we don’t have computer and TV in our classes.  Also, it is so cold that we don’t need air conditioners in the schools. Another thing in Kurdish schools is that we don’t have a good technology for studying. But in the U.S., schools have everything for students to understand the material better than my country’s schools.

In conclusion, it has been difficult for me to adapt to some different things like schools, students, and religion. I think the U.S. is a better place to live. I think U.S. students are so lucky because there is a lot of freedom and many things. I also think U.S.   students are lucky because the schools have excellent resources. I’m so happy im in the U.S. schools, but I never forgot my country’s schools.