Atoms triumph over Raiders

The AHS Boy’s Varsity basketball team has started its season off right with a 2-0 record, showing that they have substantially improved since last year. Last night, the boys went up against a tough opponent: the J.E.B Stuart Raiders. In previous years, Stuart has maintained a winning a record against the Atoms. Going into the game, many of the Annandale fans anticipated another bad loss this year but many eyebrows were raised and was what happened was totally unexpected.

Surprisingly, the boys and hustled against Stuart’s team and won with a 20-point lead. The score, 77-57, really raised some eyebrows.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, Stuart lost many great players last year, while Annandale’s team has shown a great deal of improvement with returning players. Players Ronny McCoy, D’Angelo Boyce, and Melvin Robinson were definitely on their game last night. Also, Karl Ziegler showed his astounding three-pointer skills throughout the game and unquestionably helped these boys with their big win last night.

Considering the big wins these boys have had, more people should come out and enjoy the game. Members of the team really do appreciate the fans coming out and watching them.

“I was surprised to see people from Annandale at our game tonight considering it’s a Tuesday night and we have school tomorrow. I’m really glad our fans do come out, though. I think it makes me want to play better, and that is definitely a plus,” said junior D’Angelo Boyce.