Leave your mark

This past week, students have been asking one another to “Leave Their Mark” in each other’s yearbooks. “I love reading what people write in my yearbook, it’s one of my favorite things about the end of the school year,” freshman, Sarah Bergen said.

On Friday, May 28th, students were able to pick up their pre-ordered yearbooks, or pay in cash, and start reminiscing on all the past events this year brought. If seeing the pictures of all their friends and classmates is not enough, most people prefer to fill the first and last few pages with signatures and notes from the friends they’ve made throughout the year.

The creative theme this year, “Leave your mark,” has inspired many to actually do so. Most people just wish each other a happy summer, but some take their time and actually write a heart filled paragraph about what has happened over the school year.

“Signing yearbooks can get pretty annoying, but in the long run it’s worth it,” senior Stephen Novak said.

Each year, students are becoming more imaginative with what they plan to write. Acronyms are very common, some are well known as some are just made up. “H.A.G.S. is an acronym I always use to sign yearbooks. It stands for, Have A Great Summer,” freshman James Terrell said.

Many people really enjoy and look forward to the end of the year because of yearbook signing. “It’s a way for people to give their last remarks before summer break. I also like looking back and reading what people had to say,” sophomore Ashlyn Nisker stated.

Whether it’s an entire page of flashbacks, or just a simple signature, how will you Leave Your Mark?