New Starbucks logo to debut

Starbucks has been a staple of Americans since it was founded in 1971 and practically anywhere you travel you can find at least one of these coffee shops to satisfy your caffeine craving. However, soon when you’re handed your grande, triple shot, iced coffee you may notice a small change to the logo that resides on the side of that cup.

The current logo was debuted in 1992 and the Starbucks Corporation has decided in celebration of their fortieth anniversary they will stir things up by creating a new logo.

“I like how they’re trying something new for the New Year,” sophomore Tiffany Kim said.

The new logo, which will be released in March, is an all green enlarged picture of the classic siren without the words ‘Starbucks Coffee’ encircling it.

“I think the logo change without the words was a bad move and they’re going to regret doing that,” sophomore Julia Copenhaver said.

Some do not understand why Starbucks would want to remove its name from the cups and get rid of all that free advertising. Others disagree and say that the siren is universally known to be associated with the coffee selling business and the name does not need to be printed.

“I don’t like it because it doesn’t say Starbucks on the cup, and that’s just something that I’m used to seeing,” freshman Xavier Arias said.

So next time you go to Starbucks and buy a coffee take the time to look at the logo that has dwelled on the cup for the past 19 years, because it won’t be there for long.