Students get crazy for Wacky Tacky Day

Students get crazy for Wacky Tacky Day

[imagebrowser id=157]

On Tuesday October 11th, students participated in the most popular spirit day Wacky Tacky Day.

Spirit week is a great way for students to display their atom pride while getting pumped for Homecoming. Dressing up to represent a decade and creating wild outfits allows students to move through the school week with a smile on their faces. Wacky Tacky day is an event that most students anticipate every year, because it serves as an opportunity for students to dress their wackiest with mismatched shoes, obnoxious prints and bright clothing.

“Its the only day you get to wear whatever you want with out people caring or thinking you’re weird” said freshman Areej Ennasr, “Everyone should join because its for school spirit!”

Some students were disappointed in this years turn out as many kids chose to not participate.

“I wish people would participate in spirit week more because it allows students to be aware of whats going on and to show their pride in being an Atom,” sophomore SGA executive board member Eric Lien said.

However for those who did participate and dressed up, they had a great day and enjoyed the feeling of dressing “tacky”. Emily Oliver dressed in some of the wackiest attire possible.

“Its fun because you don’t have to worry about what you’re wearing,” senior Emily Oliver said. She was dressed in some of the wackiest attire

It is recommended that students take advantage of spirit week, especially Wacky Tacky day where it is acceptable to dress crazy. It only happens once a year, and this week is where students all over the school can display their atom pride.