PTSA holds Flower Madness fundraiser

As a way to raise money the AHS PTSA is hosting a ‘Flower Madness’ fundraiser where students, parents and teachers can purchase plants.

“The AHS PTSA holds several fundraisers per year for the purpose of raising money for scholarships, field trips. professional development opportunities for the teachers, school programs like the Science Fair, and of course, for the All Night Grad Celebration for the graduating senior class,” Laurie G. Lindberg of the AHS PTSA Plant Sale Committee said.

The goal of the PTSA is to raise at least $2,000, in order for to reach their goal they encourage the community, parents and teachers to buy these plants.

Varieties of plants can be purchased like petunias, begonias, and impatiens. Speciality foliage plants that go with flowers like coleus and persian shields will also be sold. The prices range from $20-$35 per flat of 18 plants.

A great mothers day gift could include a hanging basket which ranges from $15-$20.

“The baskets are bursting with healthy and colorful blooms,” Lindberg said.

All orders of the plants must be made by Monday, April 16, 2012. Plants can be picked up at the school on Friday, May 4, 2012.

The AHS PTSA will also be selling a limited number of hanging baskets on Friday, May 4 without a pre-order at the front entrance of the school at 2:00 pm. Though supplies will be limited, pre-ordering your hanging baskets is a better option.

Orders are taken online at www.annandalehsptsa.org using paypal or by mail by submitting completed order forms and a check at the school.