NVCC/NOVA offering scholarship to seniors

The Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program has a scholarship for students attending Northern Virginia Community College. This is a yearly opportunity for seniors to get financial help for college.

“If you know of a senior attending NVCC/NOVA and would be a good leader and mentor this is something they should apply for” explains Roth about the scholarship. Students planning to attend should really take advantage of this opportunity and sign up.

The Commonwealth Legacy Scholarship Program’s purpose is to increase access to higher education and to develop student leadership potential for graduating high school seniors who will be attending a Virginia Community College. One $3000 scholarship will be awarded for the fall 2012 and spring 2013 semesters. “The scholarship does not specify citizenship” says Roth, this gives more opportunities to all students.

The Student Financial Aid Committee will choose the recipient in July. The recipient will be notified by August 2012. Do not miss this opportunity seniors, the dealine is June 29. For more information on the scholarship requirements go to www.nvcc.edu/finance or email Ms. Roth at [email protected].