The Dark Knight Rises above high expectations

Christopher Nolan knew he was in for a tough task after his superb work in his second installment in his Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight. However, he was able to astonish audiences that same way in his third and final Batman film, The Dark Knight Rises.

The final film initiates eight years after the events of The Dark Knight. The City of Gotham is a much safer city than it ever was, and Batman has been missing since the passing of Harvey Dent – a governor whose death was assumed to be a murder by Batman. Since the city’s safer status, Gotham had little use for their hero Batman, causing Bruce Wayne (played by Christian Bale), to revert to a reclusive and lonesome lifestyle. This is only until Gotham’s new tyrant, Bane, (played by Tom Hardy), shows up in Gotham with tactics to demolish the city to pieces in an effort to let the people reconquer a city made of crime. Wayne realizes that he has to put on the cape once again to save his city and all of the innocent lives inhabited in it.

Nolan’s action-packed thriller kept audiences eyes glued on the screen with its suspense and surprises. Not only that, but the film’s cast really helped captured the vision Nolan saw in this motion picture. Actors such as Joseph Gordon-Levitt who played John Blake, a cop who still had faith in Batman to make a return, Hardy’s convincing acting as Bane, and even actress Anne Hathaway, who played a feisty and witty cat woman. These actors and actress weren’t really known for starring in action thrillers, but amazed audiences with their great performance and acting in the movie.

Bottom line is that this is a movie you do not want to miss while still in theaters. The action in this movie is made to be seen on the big screen, and is worth every penny of your money to go see.