Hardcover textbooks will be brought in soon after complaints

Berta Tarqui
A set of math textbooks.

Hardcover textbooks will now debut to students. For the past three and a half months, online textbooks have only been available, unless a student requested a take-home copy. This caused some people to resent online textbooks, because many students preferred having a hard copy. Many AHS students don’t like them because it cane be a hassle to get on and some students like having the textbooks in their hands.

“I feel like it’s a good idea because some people don’t have internet access,” sophomore Maria Pinto said.

According to the Washington Post, FCPS made this addition because they had several parents complaining about the “woefully inadequate pixel and gigabyte version.” FCPS made the decision to have math textbooks online after the positive results when they released online versions of textbooks in different subjects to students.

A huge reason the online textbooks were not successful among students is because some student with homework that is only available online could not access a computer. Several teachers offer students to stay after school so they will be able to access their homework, but some cannot stay after every single time they have homework.

According to the Washington Post, FCPS will spend around two million dollars on textbooks to supply every student with one.

This change can possibly increase math grades because students will be able to do their homework if they couldn’t before. Homework contributes a lot to one’s grade. If students have more options to resources the possibility of them doing their homework will increase. It does not guarantee an academic boost, but many AHS students will be content about having a hard copy.