FCA kicks off with tailgate breakfast

In the mist and rain of an early Tuesday morning on Sept. 28, several kids found a way to wake up early for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes tailgate breakfast. This was the first event the club had held this year and they hoped to have many students come to enjoy the fun.

“We were hoping that students would see the tailgate breakfast on the way to school since it was in the senior parking lot. Overall, we had a good turnout,” said senior Casey Britton.

Leaders of FCA brought breakfast food and hot chocolate for the vast amount of hungry students that were on their way to school. At approximately 6:45 a.m., people began to show up, ready to socialize and have a good time. With umbrellas in hand, students began to unwind and get to know their fellow members.

“The tailgate was not meant to raise money, but to have everyone together,” said senior Grace Franjie.

FCA also hosts a dodgeball game every spring, which is their biggest and most popular event by far. Last year, over 90 students from around Fairfax County attended. All events, however, are meant to instill enjoyment in the lives of its participants.

FCA was created to bring Christians together to fellowship and deepen their faith. However, everyone, whether they are a Christian or an athlete, is invited and welcome to join in on the fun. The club has open arms as they try to recruit more members to form an even bigger family. If anyone is interested in joining the family, they can email the club at [email protected]. They will hold their first meeting on Oct. 5 at 6:45 a.m. in room 47.