Healthy holiday cookies

Raspberry-Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies:

What you need:

– 1 cup of whole almonds                                 – 1/3 cup maple syrup

– 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour        – 1/4 cup apple juice

– 1/2 cup of oat flour                                          – 1 tsp almond extract

– 2 tsp baking powder                                        – 1 tsp vanilla extract

– 1/4 tsp salt                                                         – 1/3 cups chocolate chips

– 1/3 cup of canola oil                                        – 2 tbsp raspberry preserves

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit  and use a non-stick cookie sheet. or spray the sheet with non-stick spray.

2. Process the almonds in a blender  until they are finely ground. Then transfer them to a large bowl and add the whole-wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder and salt to the bowl. After that, whisk the oil, maple syrup, apple juice, almond and vanilla extracts in a medium bowl. The wet ingredients can then be added to the dry ingredients. Mix together all of the ingredientds. Use your hands to knead the dough together and add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional apple juice if the mixture is too crumbly.

3. Form the dough into balls to be placed onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Once they are on the tray, gently flatten the balls into disks, and create an indent in the center of each cookie. Place a few chocolate chips in the center of each cookie, and then place some preserves on top of them.

4. Place the tray in the oven, and wait about 15-20 minutes before removing the cookies. The measurements make about 2 batches of cookies.

5. Let them cool, place on a plate and enjoy!

*Source: Delish.com