Livi Listens: Stressed student

Dear Livi,

As a junior, it’s my first year on a varsity sport and taking all of these hard IB classes. I’m really scared that I’m not going to be able to balance my sports, school, and social life. It’s still summer and I already feel overwhelmed with trying to find time to do my summer assignments while maintaining a social life and going to all of my practices and games. Once it’s the school year I’m afraid that it’s going to be ten times harder to balance all of my responsibilities. What should I do?

–Stressed student

Dear Stressed student,

I know it seems very hard at first, but you’ll get used to the overwhelming schedule eventually. Many other students at AHS have been in the same stressful situation and have still managed to succeed. It’s all about setting your priorities, and deciding which aspect of your life is the most important to you. Remember that you’re a student before an athlete, and in the long run school is going to help you out the most. Yes, you’ll have to miss the occasional party or hangout to study or go to practice, but there will be plenty of other opportunities to catch up with your friends.

-Livi