Livi Listens: political predicament

Livi+Listens%3A+political+predicament+

Dear Livi,

One of my best friends and I are supporters of different political parties and favor different candidates. Every time we hang out, politics are brought up. I know that it shouldn’t be coming in between our friendship, but we always seem to be fighting about it. With the upcoming presidential election, discussions about politics are everywhere and we’ve been fighting more than ever. Politics are hard to avoid at this point in time, and there is some serious tension between us. Maybe it’s better if we stop hanging out for a little bit. What do you think is the best thing to do?

Sincerely,

Political Predicament

Dear Political Predicament,

Just because you have different opinions on something doesn’t mean you should stop being friends. You are always going to encounter people in life with different views, and you should always remember to respect them. Sometimes agreeing to disagree is the only thing you can do. After the election, things between you two will most likely go back to normal. In the meantime both you and your friend should try to avoid the subject when you can and respect each others’ opinions. It is not worth losing a good friend over!

Love,

Livi

Have a problem? E-mail Livi at:

[email protected]