Livi Listens: scared senior

Dear Livi,

I am a senior and I am terrified of not getting asked to Prom. Most of my friends already know who they’re going with and I am scared that there will be nobody left to ask me. It would be so embarrassing to be the only person without a date, especially in the pictures. I know I am probably overreacting, but I feel like my night will be ruined if I am alone. I don’t want to miss out on the Prom experience but if I don’t get a date I might just stay home. Do you have any advice?

Sincerely,

Scared Senior

Dear Scared Senior,

Even though it would be fun to go with a date to Prom, I think that you would have just as much fun going solo! Instead of worrying about pleasing your date the whole night, you can focus on yourself and can make it a night to remember. I am sure that not every single one of your friends will have a date, so you shouldn’t worry about feeling left out. You can even ask somebody to go with you as friends if you are worried about being alone in the pictures. Going alone doesn’t mean you will be alone; you will be surrounded by all of your good friends. Don’t stress over finding a date because you will have an awesome time no matter what! But, who knows, maybe your secret admirer is just waiting for the perfect moment to ask you.

Love,

Livi

Have a problem? E-mail Livi at:

[email protected]