Transition to spring: jeans into shorts

Transition to spring: jeans into shorts

When it comes to new summer shorts saving money has never been easier. Rather than buying $60 shorts, save tons of money by making your own pair. By converting old jeans that might be too short on you or jeans from a thrift store, which you can get for as cheap as $2.99, you can create your own cute pair of shorts.

Turning your jeans into shorts only takes three short steps.

Step one: try on your jeans and mark with a pen where you want the length to be. It is important to mark them a little longer than you actually want, preferably at least half an inch longer. This gives you a little room for mistakes and allows you to roll the bottom of the shorts.

When picking out the pair of jeans that you want to convert, remember that baggy jeans will make baggy shorts and tight jeans will make tight shorts. Choose the jeans with the fit that you want in your future shorts.

Step two: take off the jeans and cut the line you marked. Make sure not to accidentally cut the pockets of the shorts!

Step Three: try them on and fold the bottoms to give them a finished look.

There are several other steps you can take to personalize your new shorts. Dipping the bottoms in bleach creates an edgy, ombre effect. Sewing on lace, studding, sewing on American flags on to the back pockets and dying are all cool and easy ways to make your shorts a little more unique.