Rocco’s Italian Restaurant Review

Rocco’s, a charming Italian Restaurant, is the ideal place to go for a homemade, hearty meal. Immediately when we arrived we could hardly contain ourselves from instantly falling in love with this family-owned business. The smells of herbs, garlic, pasta and pizza floated past our noses and had us instantly hooked as we took our seats while classical music played in the background.

Feeling rather famished, we ordered two entrees and a small pizza to share. The pleasant waitress first brought out a fresh garden salad topped with homemade Italian dressing. Being two people who would normally pass on salad, we were expecting the worst; however the fresh salad was very delicious. We agreed that we had never had such amazing Italian dressing before. Just a few moments after we finished the salad, the waitress brought out a small, personal pan-sized pizza. It was steaming hot and loaded with gooey cheese. Needless to say, we loved the pizza and decided that the next time we visited Rocco’s we would just order a huge pizza to split and then take home the leftovers. The pizza is a specialty because it has the perfect amount of their sweet, homemade tomato sauce which is bursting with flavor. However it was so hot that we practically scorched the top of our mouths eating it.

After we were finished with the pizza, the waitress brought out a steak and cheese sandwich and their homemade gnocchi. The steak and cheese sandwich was absolutely amazing. Topped with roasted green peppers, fresh lettuce and mayo, we could not have asked for a more perfect Philly cheese steak. From the fresh bread to the melted cheese to the seasoned meat, we proclaimed the sandwich to be the best Philly cheese steak in Virginia.

Feeling rather stuffed, we moved onto the homemade gnocchi. The hot pasta dumplings, smothered in homemade pasta sauce, meatballs and Parmesan cheese, melted in our mouths. Our love for Rocco’s Italian food sky rocketed as we stuffed ourselves with gnocchi. However after eating the salad, pizza and the cheese steak, we were extremely full so we opted to take the rest of the gnocchi home with us to eat later.

Eating at Rocco’s was a wonderful experience that reminded us of the real meaning of customer satisfaction. The staff at Rocco’s was very family friendly and truly wanted their customers to have an enjoyable, homemade meal for a relatively cheap price. We strongly recommend you stop by this adorable restaurant for pizza or a cheese steak. Rocco’s has the perfect date ambiance with outdoor seating as well as indoor seating. If you swing by on Monday or Tuesday night you can catch an All You Can Eat Special which includes their pizza, spaghetti and rigatoni for only $8.95. Be sure to visit Rocco’s website for more information on this spectacular Italian restaurant!