A night at the National Harbor

It is that time of the year again where just about everywhere you go has some type of holiday event going on. Most events begin right after Thanksgiving and although it is hardly the end of November, it is not too early to being getting into the spirit.

The National Harbor has much to offer throughout the entire month of December. Every Friday from now until Dec. 23 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. there will be fireworks and a tree lighting show for free. Although it is quite a chilly season, there are many places nearby to warm up in. Restaurants surrounding the harbor, including Ketchup, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Baja Fresh and Thai Pavilion, are all great places to catch a bite to eat with family and friends while keeping cozy warm.

“[I go to National Harbor] because my grandparents live five minutes away. So, we go when we go visit them,” senior Danielle Turner said.

There will also be a holiday market available from 12 p.m. – 9 p.m, on weekends until Dec. 18. Decorative holiday cookies, ornaments and much more will be sold. There will be a workshop called “America” which will be open for children. This workshop will allow them to make holiday crafts while their parents are shopping. The shop will be open from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., and is completely free of charge.

“I always wanted to go [to the National Harbor],” senior Sam Kamara said, “because everyone talks about it all the time.”

For more information visit their website: http://www.harborholidays.com/

Location: 137 National Plaza

National Harbor, MD 20745