Last Weekend I…

Last weekend I attended Dayglow for the first time ever. It’s known to be the worlds largest paint party.

My friend Cynthia told me that her mom got us tickets to Dayglow. Honestly, I had no idea what that was, nor was I as excited as Cynthia was. All I heard was that there was paint and loud music. People were coming up to me and asking, “You’re going? You’re so lucky!” I would just shrug my shoulders and say, “yeah.”

The night of Dayglow my mom offered to take Cynthia and I to the RFK stadium in Washington D.C. because that is where it would be. That way we didn’t have to go through the hassle of taking the metro like most of the other people do.

While we were both getting ready at my house, she pulled up a YouTube video on her phone to show me what Dayglow had been like during a previous year. It looked like so much fun with all the DJs playing well-known music and random people shooting out paint in all directions. After seeing the video, I was super pumped to go and it made sense as to why everyone else really wanted to go (but most likely couldn’t because one had to be at least 18 to attend).

Unfortunately, Cynthia and I did not get the memo that you’re supposed  to wear all white to Dayglow, but we didn’t care too much because we knew we would still have fun. It lasted from 7p.m. to 12a.m. and I certainly think that it should have been way longer than it was. The music and people were amazing, especially the paint because everyone was covered in neon pink, green and blue. I was a little scared that it wouldn’t all come off later, but, of course, it did.

It was nice to just be able to be carefree dancing with people, along with meeting and taking pictures with new faces too. As the night was ending, my hair was so sticky and slimy and with my body as well, but it was all worth it. I’m definitely looking forward to going back next year.