Cuisine Critiques: Buenos Grill opens

Cuisine Critiques: Buenos Grill opens
Andrea Melendez

Buenos Grill has recently opened in Annandale and its mission is to educate the world in Mexican cuisine, specifically tacos, burritos, bowls and salads. Upon first entering the restaurant, we were greeted by the decor that was fresh and new with bright colors and airy space. Most tables seat up to four and is convenient for the customer on the go. The restaurant itself has long and wide windows in order to enjoy a calm and relaxing lunch or dinner with a group of friends.

The decor enhanced the theme of the restaurant subtly with authentic cultural decorations such as a large bull cadaver and paintings of fresh vegetables such as onions and green peppers. While the restaurant only offers burrito-style dishes, new plans of adding authentic Spanish food are soon to hit the menu in January. Buenos Grill hopes to also offer tapas, a traditional finger food dishes originated in Spain.

When ordering the food, two large television screens are set up at the front of the line at the place, with a range of dishes offered. The customer service was both efficient and friendly as they gave us a wide list and explanation of variety of foods. While one may expect the regular toppings in a burrito or bowl, there were some distinct additions to the toppings.

There was a variety of cheeses, tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, rice and beans,  not to mention the more flavorful ingredients such  as jalapenos and pico de gallo. At a first glance and through the meal, one might make a similar comparison to that of the Chipotle chain offered in several locations, but we are here to silence those voices. Buenos Grill offers a different style and taste in their foods, from employes checking the temperature of each food daily and the freshness of the vegetables and meal. For drinks, there are the regular fountain drinks, bottled juices and waters and coffee as an after meal treat.

Overall, like many of the cuisine conquests that we have experienced, Buenos Grill offered a healthy and alternative choice to any of the fast food location that many students resort to as an after school meal. It has introduced Annandale to a delicious alternative of burritos and Mexican cuisine that acts as a quick alternative to driving to any Chipotle miles away.

With taste bud inducing options, Buenos Grills proves to be a possibly popular spot for AHS students and  faculty. Stop by if you are looking for a quick, tasty and inexpensive meal that is close to school and offers a new experience.

Address:

7023 Columbia Pike Annandale, VA 22003

Grade: A