Five things to do this weekend

Photo credit: dc.about.com
St. Patrick’s Day Parade in D.C.

1. Watch local sports: the Washington Wizards take on the New Orleans Hornets at home on Friday at 7 p.m. If you are interested in going, check for tickets by going to nba.com/wizards. If you want a cheaper alternative, watch the game at home with friends for a fun and exciting night in.

2. The St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be Sunday on Constitution Ave. between 7th and 17th streets. Check it out for a festive and green event.

3. Sample cuisine: check out the most recent issue of the A-Blast to see the Weekend editor’s picks for some of the best dishes in the area no page 20. Try out a few of the inexpensive places.

4. Try a DIY: this blog has some great ideas for home decorations, like spicing up a lampshade with unique fabric. The projects are simple and fun.

5. Seniors: go dorm shopping! Sure, it may be a little early, but spreading out your purchases is more economically sound than asking your parents to drop several hundred dollars at one time (like this summer) on all your dorm furnishings.