Little Fockers entertains in a predictable way

The “Meet the Parents” series continued with the release of the third installment, “Little Fockers,” starring Ben Stiller, Jessica Alba, Owen Wilson and Robert DeNiro among others.

The Fockers return to create a mediocre comedy, age appropriate for kids thirteen and above. The plot was decent, a true critic would consider it trite and perhaps a little too predictable, but it does keep the audience captivated and in suspense. I found the comedy was at times very funny, but other moments were slow or only giving way to few giggles. It seems the laughter would vary depending on who is watching the movie; with the comedy intended for teenagers and young adults, and maybe suitable for open-minded adults or mature children.

Ben Stiller stood out in his role as Greg Focker, working well with the key actors of the film, in particular Robert DeNiro to create suspense and further the plot. Jessica Alba’s promiscuous performance was entertaining as well as humorous, and is the source of quite a few laughs within the intricate plot.

The film picks up 10 years later from the previous installment, with Greg Focker (Ben Stiller), his wife Pam (Teri Polo), and their twins. After years of struggling with his strict, old fashioned father-in-law Jack Byrnes (Robert DeNiro), Greg is finally comfortable around his new family. However, when the family comes together for the twin’s birthday party and Greg finds himself short of the cash to throw it, the male nurse takes a skeptical job moonlighting for a drug company that brings back Jack’s suspicions. Greg now faces the challenge of proving to his eccentric father-in-law that he’s fully capable as the man of the house and Pam’s husband.

Overall, this movie is decent; humorous at times and predictable at other moments. Regardless, it is a film that can provide good fun and comedy to teenagers and young adults in the area.