Ice Cream Social treats high-achieving students

Only a select number of students were allowed to enjoy ice cream after school in the cafeteria on April 18, for the third and final Ice Cream Social of the school year. These students were chosen as the Student of the Quarter in at least one of their classes. They were rewarded with all you can eat vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream, along with a wide array of topping options.

“I am glad that they have this event to reward the students who have worked so hard,” junior Deborah Aderton said. “I enjoy ice cream, so this is always a nice incentive.”

For the first three quarters of every school year, teachers get to choose one student in each of their classes to attend the Ice Cream Social. These students may have had the highest grade in their class, or have shown the most progress throughout the school year.

“I got Student of the Quarter in Spanish 1,” freshman Amber Hines said. “I just had a good grade from working hard in that class.”

Teachers and administrators served the students their ice cream, and congratulated them for their efforts.

“It is always so nice to get to serve and see all of these students who deserve to be here,” anthropology and government teacher Lindsay Surawski said.

Student of the Quarter is not chosen in fourth quarter due to the school year ending. Therefore, there will not be a fourth quarter Ice Cream Social.