Redress Boutique: dress consignment store

During the lazy days of summer, people often find the time to sift through and clean out closets containing old Homecoming, wedding or Prom dresses that were likely only worn once or twice. Instead of donating them, or letting them collect dust in your closet, there is a popular consignment website that allows people to buy and sell formal attire and accessories. The website www.redressboutique.com is a shopping forum that consigns items sent in by evaluating the item and deciding on a price, typically half of the estimated original value, based on the brand, condition and style.

After three months if dresses donated are not sold, they can be returned to their original owners or Redress Boutique will donate them. Owners will be notified via email if their clothing has been sold and will be mailed a check.

Redress Boutique is actually a store located in Fayetteville, Arizona where bargain shoppers can visit to shop in-store, but pictures of most items are posted on their website and/or Facebook page. For residents of the AHS area, the distance of the store is far, but the option of selling gently used dresses and accessories is still available by mailing dresses to the store location. To gain the chance of making a little extra money on a dress you’ll probably never wear again, contact Redress Boutique by email at [email protected].