Procrastinating during Spring Break

During a week of warm weather, visits to the beach and relaxing, students found it hard to concentrate on school work. Spring Break is considered as a time for students to relax, but many find themselves stressing rather than relaxing due to homework and projects due when they come back.

“Break would have been more fun if I didn’t have to think about school,” said junior Katherine Yi.

The warm weather and newly found freedom made it tough for some students to concentrate on assignments given before break.

“It’s impossible to get work done. The weather was too great to stay inside doing homework,” said sophomore Nghia Tong.

Most students found themselves procrastinating, getting most of their work done on Sunday night. “I was too distracted during break so I quickly tried to finish homework the last day,” said sophomore Diana Nguyen.

Others found themselves managing their time making sure to find an equal balance between work and play. “Right when we got out of Spring Break I did my anthropology and English homework and on the very last day I did the remaining, in between I was having fun,” said junior Jodie Cha.

There also were the lucky few who got an entire week of relaxation and did not have to worry about school. “I spent my Spring Break trying to soak in the sun and hang out with friends as much as possible. I love not having to worry about school!” said junior Tatiana Daza.

With the many distractions students endured, many students proved to be unproductive when it came to school work.

“With school work you need time management, and I wanted my break to be crazy and I didn’t want to worry about work and managing my time,” said sophomore Glenda Sanchez.