Winter Nail Trends 2012

Some people say being trendy is having the hottest looks from your head to your toes, but in the world of fashion it is having the hottest styles from your head to your toes to your finger tips. The right nail polish can help bring together the trendy look that you’re aiming for. This winter, several hot new trends have appeared on the runway and in fashion magazines.

One of the biggest trends this winter is metallic. Metallic manicures compliment almost any type of outfit. Sparkly shades of gold, bronze and silver have been the hottest look in the world of fashion this winter. Major nail polish brands like OPI offer exclusive metallic collection polishes that are great to stock up on this winter season.

Bright glossy, rich colored nails have also been trending this winter, a refreshing change from last year’s edgy black nails trend. With many dark gothic clothing trends popping up on the runways, nail colors like emerald green, royal blue, and deep eggplant purple are the perfect way to brighten up your winter look while still looking edgy. Top nail brand Essie has a wide variety of bright edgy colors to pick from for the more daring customers this winter/fall season.

The hottest colors in Hollywood have been navy, pastel purple and red. Stars like Kristen Stewart have been spotted rocking the navy nails on the red carpet recently. Butter London always has the trendiest nail lacquer collections and is a wonderful brand to buy polish from this season.