Interview with Paul Singh

With the way the Republican party presidential primaries are going, do you believe Mitt Romney will ultimately end up winning the nomination, or is there another contender to take the lead?

1. So far Romney has won the Iowa caucus and is considered one of the strongest Republican candidates. I don’t believe Romney can ultimately win votes in other states therefore it will be more possible for Ron Paul. Paul is considered the most liberal candidate so he will be able to achieve votes from both parties.

Do you think the Republican Party is struggling to come up with a viable candidate? Why? 

2. Even though candidates such as Ron Paul and Mitt Romney pose viable arguments it is hard to say that the Republicans will have a strong candidate to run against Obama. Ron Paul is popular amongst the younger generation of America therefore it will be possible for him to gain the majority of their votes. The Republican party could be facing problems because of the recent presidential election where the majority of the states voted democrat.

What do you think are Obama’s strongest achievements to cite in the election?

3. Many critics argue that President Obama has not done much as president. In my opinion I disagree because it is not easy for him to pass anything with the majority of the house being republican. Obama’s strongest achievements are getting a health care reform bill passed through congress. During Bush’s presidency, he had many attempts to hunt down osama bin laden. Unlike Bush President Obama actually got the task done.

How well do you think Obama has addressed economic and unemployment issues, two of the top issues for the presidential election?

4. In office Obama has mostly tried protecting the people who contribute to the economy. Obama has prevented credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers. This protects those who are already financially unstable but also allowing them to spend more with lower credit rates. Obama has implemented tax cuts for 3.5 million small businesses so that employees can have healthcare. What I find most important is that he eliminated subsidies to private lenders of student loans and protected student borrowers. also Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college

In what ways can Obama enhance his image to increase his chance for being elected for a second term

5. If everything I mentioned above is not enough to at least give him a second term then I don’t know what it. Obama is appealing to the youth of America by giving them more chances to grants, scholarships, and fair loans. Obama is creating a better future for American youth, unlike some candidates (Ron Paul) who want to appeal to the youth by legalizing marijuana. The legalization of marijuana may not only be to attract the youth but evidently it is obvious that it will.

What effect do you believe Obama’s performance in office will have on the upcoming election?

6. A lot of voters have not noticed what President Obama has done and a lot of them do not want to see him in the second term. I think that everyone should allow Obama to have a second term so that he can pass his bills and at least attempt to bring our economy back into a surplus. The last president to do that was a democrat and I believe a democrat will do it again.

If Obama is re-elected will his second term be more successful compared to his first? How?

7. Obama has begun working on a stimulus package to repair the economy. What voters must understand is that George Bush brought the economy down the drain and spent to much capital on defense and war. Obama has already brought all the troops out of Iraq and states that there will be cuts in the amount of money going into our defense. Obama stresses the importance of education therefore he wants to give money to college students and the department of education.

What effect will the Tea Party have on the 2012 elections? Do you believe the Tea Party could actually help President Obama win re-election?

8. If Sarah Palin is apart of the tea party movement it poses no threat for Obama. Next question.

Do you believe the Republican party could potentially steal away re-election from Obama? Why?

9. It is possible for the Republican Party to win the election however they have candidates that argue the troops need to be sent back, that make claims that they cannot back up, that focus on Republican issues (gun control and abortion) therefore not gaining democratic votes. Obama recently stated that the US needs to borrow 1,200,000,000 and I don’t agree with this but there has to be a reason. His campaign has already raised 42,000,000, which shows that people still have interest in him being president. I want Obama to win the election but it is too soon to tell if the Republicans will take the presidency from him.