Students excited for spring break

Hard to believe it, but spring break is just around the corner. AHS students are ready to either pack their bags and head out of town, or get cozy for a week of some much needed relaxation. The beach is a popular location for traveling students during spring break, and with beaches all over the country, there will be plenty to see. Just take a look at where some AHS students have decided to travel.

“I’m going to North Carolina and hang out at the beach in Outer Banks,” sophomore Anthony Young said.

The Outer Banks are one of the more popular beaches in North Carolina. Some others include Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. But other students would prefer to go more south bound.

“I’m going to Florida and going to the beach and chill[ing] at the pool and hang[ing] with Skye(little sister),” junior Elliot Kiemel said.

Florida has some of the best beaches in the U.S., such as Daytona beach and Fort Myers. As great as the beach is, there are some other destinations AHS students are going away from the beach.

“I’m going to my grandparents farm in North Carolina. I’m going mudding in a golf cart,” senior Corinne Summers said.

Mudding is where you drive vehicles through a lot of mud, according to Summers. While getting away sounds fun, many students have decided to stay home.

“I’ll be home sitting on the couch playing Zelda on Nintendo 64 while eating Pringles,” sophomore Lolita Jojic said.

Many students will most likely be doing something similar to this, as staying home playing video games is very popular now a days. But some people staying home will not have this luxury.

“Basically just going to lacrosse practice which will take up my free time,” freshman Aaron Reynolds said.

High school sports are very time consuming, sadly cutting into some students spring break, such as lacrosse players of AHS. All students would like to relax, especially during spring break. But for sports, practice makes perfect.

Whether it is swimming at the beach, to playing video games all day, students are doing a variety of activities. AHS students are ready and prepared for a week of no school and hopefully no homework. Spring break relieves stress and provides a time of relaxation students dearly need to prepare for the last quarter of the school year.