Interims get sent in a new way

Third quarter interims are here! It is the time for either praise or criticism by parents about grades. This quarter, interims are to be distributed differently then previous quarters. Before, interims were sent to the homes of all students. But now, the interims will be handed out to students in their R7 classes. The reason for the difference in the distribution is unidentified as of now. But it is rumored that the reasons could range from budget cuts to the snow days delaying the schedule (making the interims late).

Many students enjoy having the interims being distributed in school rather than being sent home. This may be partially due to the fact that students get to see their grades before parents.

Freshman Michelle Dong said “I’m really happy that they are giving the interims out during R7 because I get to see it before my parents do.”

“I’d rather have it be given to me, rather than have the possibility of getting questioned by my parents when they receive it first,” agrees junior Lauren Barnard.

Then there are the select few that could care less how the interims are distributed.

“It really doesn’t matter to me. My parents already know what types of grades I get,” said sophomore Tyrek Worrell.

If students have a difficult time breaking the news of a bad grade to their parents, they should refer back to The A-Blast issue 2 for help.