Professional sports are better

Professional sports are better

Game Day had arrived. From tailgates to war paint, NFL fans are getting pumped to watch their team win.

Professional sports, specifically the NFL, are the best kind of entertainment around. Fans of all ages swarm to fields all over the country to witness one of the most exciting events in America.

Unlike fans of college sports, NFL fans are dedicated to their teams, and  have been since childhood. Their extreme support shows due to the huge fan base that exists at every game. There is such a broad spectrum of people that can root for a single team, it is almost insanity as little kids to seniors are die- hard fans of their teams.

The quality of the athletic ability of professional athletes is also astonishing.These athletes work so hard to be the best they can be with no interruptions or distractions, on and off the playing field. Despite the incessant media attention and paprazzis, these athletes stay focused on what they came for: to play the sport they love.

In contrast, college athletes have to worry about graduating, finishing their homework and getting good grades all at the same time which often affects thier overall performance.

The quality of abilities of professional verses college level athletes is revealed through the games. For example, in the Redskins vs. Seattle playoff game, the Redskins had 101 rushing yards while Virginia Tech, in the Russell Athletic Bowl game, they rushed for 4. That is a 97 yard difference, almost the entire length of a professional football field.

Another advantage of being a fan or NFL football verses college football is the ability to watch every game, even if you cannot attend. Professional sports have the best TV coverage out of any other level of sports in the country as almost every professional sport played  is shown somewhere on TV.

Every NFL game that is played is shown either on ESPN or other networks, such as FOX and CBS, while at the NCAA level, only about half of the games are aired, making it hard to cheer on your favorite team unless you can attend  the game.

Since there is more TV coverage, it then allows more commercialism. Commercials earn the sport leagues a lot of money, giving the league more opportunities and nicer equipment to use.

Professional sports, specifically the NFL, are also much more competitive. For football, it consists of the top ranked team in the divisions, (NFC East, NFC South, NFC north and NFC west) to playing sudden death, where if you loose you are out of the playoffs.

If you win all of the three weeks of games, then the team will move on to the mighty Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl is an NFL player’s ultimate goal. It means that your team is the best out of the league and that you are champions.

College has nothing like that. College football, for example, consists of an extreme amount of bowl games that mean little to nothing and aren’t watched around the country.

With all of these advantages, professional sports can easily beat out any college sports with every fan, and counting.