Walk it out!

It’s four o’ clock on a Tuesday night and you can’t concentrate long enough to get through even the simplest of readings. You feel restless and end up procrastinating on Facebook instead of doing what you’re supposed to. Later that night it takes you what seems like hours to fall asleep, even though you felt exhausted all day.

Sound familiar? If so, you may not be getting enough exercise. The solution to this problem is so simple and rudimentary it may astound you: go for a walk.

Take your dog, a friend, or even just your iPod and go outside and get moving. The benefits of walking have been cited in health magazines more and more frequently. Not only is it a great form of cardio, which helps you maintain a healthy heart, but it is so simple that anyone can do it.

If you are just beginning to get into an exercise routine after a making a New Year’s resolution to get fit, then start slowly. Walk for a short distance, a half-mile at most, and work your way up from there.

For those fitness junkies out there who are scoffing at this article, challenge yourselves with more rigorous forms of this fantastic exercise. Add hand weights for a total body workout or go on a five-mile hike outdoors.

Walking is an incredibly versatile form of exercise that can be manipulated to suit your individual needs. This could be why celebrity trainers who work with  celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Jessica Simpson, and Sandra Bullock ,endorse this form of physical fitness.Not only will you feel better about yourself because of the chemicals known as endorphins released from the brain during exercise, but you will be able to concentrate both inside and outside of school.

While many think that exerting so much energy into one activity would leave oneself exhausted, studies show that on average people who get at least one hour of exercise a day actually have more energy than those who don’t.
Other benefits from walking include improved sleeping habits, less muscle tension during the day, lower chances of becoming depressed and a longer lifespan.

Whether you are taking all honors classes, playing sports, are involved in drama and choral programs or have another time consuming hobby, finding 30 minutes in the day to go for a walk is not too difficult.If  your schedule is jam -packed, set aside two or three days a week to walk and you will notice a tremendous difference in the way you look and feel.