The importance of skin care for teenagers

Why settle for your typical soap bar when there are dozens of leading face wash brands that are bound to do better than the ordinary?

It is guaranteed that if you were to look into your local CVS store, it would take some time to figure out what brand of face wash, lotion, and make up to purchase to best benefit your skin. Considering the three main skin types of dry, oily and combination skin, a variety of products can be bought to ensure skin health on the face. The most available products include Proactiv, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear, and Clearasil.

Getting out of bed is not easy, but waking up at 5 a.m. on a dreadful rainy day after having spent several hours on homework the night before is even worse. For junior Nghia Tong, Clean and Clear’s Morning Burst is his product of choice to give him that extra boost to wake up and begin the day.

“I use Clean and Clear because I believe that it is important to have good clear skin to make a good impression since your face is the first thing people typically notice about you,” said sophomore Laila Sayed. Sayed also makes sure to apply some Neutrogena SPF 15 lotion during the winter because skin tends to dry up more easily during this time.

According to junior Quinn Ralston, “Playing sports can get very sweaty, which gives me more of a reason to use Neutrogena face wash every single night before I go to bed.”

Aging is another natural process of the body that is mainly caused by exposure to the environment and dead skin cells. For the face, along with accommodating differing skin types, products can be bought to prevent aging so that wrinkles, thinner and drier skin are not developed at a young age.

Make up may cover up some blemishes here and there but at the end of the day, when the make up comes off, one cannot avoid what it has been hiding. Senior Madeena Haidari has been successful at being able to utilize both face care and makeup without harming her skin. “I’ve been using Saint Ives Apricot wash scrub since the 8th grade because I think the longer you use something the more it gets used to your face, and it reacts better,” said Haidari. When it comes to using make up, Haidari strictly sticks to L’Oreal and Olay because these companies’ products are widely said to have beneficial effects on one’s skin.

“I use Neutrogena face wash, day mask, and night mask because I find a clean natural face more important than one with make up on,” said junior Abigail Meseke.

It is most important to remember that face washes should be suitable for one’s skin according to their skin complexion and type. If not, they may cause irritation rather than the desired effect of healthy skin. Also, lotions with an SPF 15+ are recommended for use everyday throughout the year so that the sun’s rays and other environmental factors may not cause harm. By following these simple expectations, you may easily be able to your skin’s complexion and participate in ways that cause skin radiance and health.