Stylish Steal: Printed Scarf

This printed scarf is both functional and affordable.

As fall approaches quickly, the temperature can be anything but constant. Some mornings a chilly breeze can be uncomfortable, but by the afternoon it can be hot and sunny. How does one cope with this weather dilemma when picking an outfit in the morning?

A key piece that can solve this problem is a scarf. This week’s stylish steal is a patterned fleece scarf from Forever 21. The piece costs just $9.80, and its colorful “ethnic” pattern is easy to pair with various ensembles. Wear the scarf in the morning to warm up, then take it off come last period when the weather heats up. Scarves can be tied in different ways, used as shawls, accessorized with matching earrings, and dressed up with skirts and tanks. Here are three outfit ideas that present the scarf dressed up, fairly dressy, and casual.

• For a dressier look, wear the scarf with a plain colored dress, or a skirt and brightly colored top. This will not only provide a focal point, but will also draw attention to the unique pattern of the scarf.
  • For a look that is slightly lower maintenance, but still looks stylish. wear the scarf with skinny jeans and a loose fitting top or crop top. This will tie together the outfit by melding the top and bottom together for a stylish combination.
  • For a casual, comfortable look, pair the scarf with a tunic and leggings or yoga pants. This way, the outfit will look slightly better than the effortless and plain aesthetic that the yoga pants or leggings present.
           For less than $10, this piece fits the bill as a stylish steal because of its functionality, price tag, and ease. Scarves such as this one are not hard to pull off, and the fleece material on this scarf in particular provides comfort as an added benefit.