Finding fashion inspiration around the world

Since the school year is almost over, people are starting to think about summer and how to look great. Whether it is finding the right swimsuit or getting the perfect tan, summer is all about relaxing and working on those things you can’t really do during the school year. I for one, always love to spend the summer discovering new styles from the places I travel, gaining inspiration to use in the future.

If you go to a foreign country you will definitely find a lot of new styles. The people are dressed differently from people in the United States. Culture brings a lot of fashion aspects to people’s lives and sometimes it is good to acknowledge those other styles and maybe take some of the things you like and incorporate them into your wardrobe. Scarves and bangles were made popular here in the United States by women of India who wore Saris on their heads and bangles on their arms.

To find new inspiration for your wardrobe you do not have to go overseas though; you can get style inspiration just by going to a different state. A good example is the difference between people who live in New York and California. New Yorkers tend to dress more reserved and classic (a color pallet consisting of mostly neutrals), while Californians tend to go for beach looks: floral prints, shorts, wavy hair, etc. Summer is a great time to find the style that suits you best.

I know it is easier to go along with what everyone else is wearing but it is good also to be individual. Your style is a tool you can use to tell people who you are since it is the first thing they tend to notice about you. Try connecting to people that share similar interests to you and maybe get some advice from them on how to change up your look. Maybe going to your cousin’s house in Brazil will put a little ethnicity in your wardrobe.