Cure that cabin fever

After escaping the boring confines of your house, your mind is probably craving something interesting and different. Check out the Intersections Arts Festival in DC that features art, film, literary readings, dance, music, and dramatic productions to feed your art intellect. There are six different venues for performers to entertain audiences with their different styles.Sun Trust National Marathon – March 21

The Greater Washington Sports Alliance is hosting a marathon to raise funds for local youth organizations. These organizations will use the funds towards the program that encourages physical fitness and enhances education through sports. This is the third annual race that lasts for 26.2 miles. Even though the route may be long, it is scenic, providing spectators and participants with views of monuments, the National Mall and the city’s best neighborhoods.

Shamrock Fest – March 13

Scream, holler, dance and eat at The National Shamrock Fest in Washington, DC. This annual Saint Patrick’s day festival is loaded with Rock, Irish, Blues, Retro, and Folk music to put your spirit in a festive mood, awaken your rocker attitude, and prepare you for an intense Saint Patty’s day. You are sure to find your favorite style of music in at least one of the more than 40 bands performing on the seven stages. Grab all of your green gear, but leave the beer, and head to Shamrock Fest.

Big Apple Circus – March 6-27

Let your troubles go and be entertained by New York’s original one-ring circus that will be visitng the DC area. Do not be afraid to laugh. The Big Apple performers will surely cause your mouth to drop with their Russian Aniskin Troupe on the trampoline and trapeze and the Italian Curatola Brothers performing an acrobatic duo.

Chocolate Lovers Festival – March 6-7

Old Town Fairfax is holding an annual two-day event to celebrate (and wallow in) its community’s love for chocolate. With events like The Chocolate Challenge, an art contest that showcases only art made solely of chocolate, the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast and vendors offering samples, this festival is not one to miss if you are a chocolate lover like us. Mark your calendar and attend this event to fully enjoy the wonders of chocolate.

Intersections Art Culture Race – March 5-7

After escaping the boring confines of your house, your mind is probably craving something interesting and different. Check out the Intersections Arts Festival in DC that features art, film, literary readings, dance, music, and dramatic productions to feed your art intellect. There are six different venues for performers to entertain audiences with their different styles.